Great minds think differently. Good leaders recognize that surrounding themselves with diverse voices benefits everyone.
Diversity should be a priority for every business. Ensuring the growth of diversity, equity and inclusion creates work environments that attract and retain the best talent.
The true work of diversity, equity and inclusion isn’t to just be representative, it’s a tool for innovation and increased production. Business innovation is often stagnant when people making the decisions are from similar backgrounds.
Diversity initiatives should include, but not be limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color), LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer/questioning, asexual and many other terms such as non-binary and pansexual), all gender identities, and people with disabilities.
Kentucky has many resources to help bolster diversity and inclusion efforts for your business.
- Age Friendly Louisville
- AIDS Volunteers of Lexington
- Asia Institute—Crane House, Inc.
- Civitas: Regional LGBTQ Chamber Of Commerce
- Derby Diversity Summit
- Gendered Lexington
- Hispanic Business Council
- International Community Partners
- Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
- Kentucky Cabinet Health Equity
- Kentucky Commission on Human Rights
- Legal Aid Society
- Lexington Fairness
- Lexington Fayette Urban County Human Rights Commission
- Lexington GLSO
- Louisville Small Business Development Center
- Louisville Urban League
- Minority Business Development Agency
- Muhammad Ali Center
- NAWBO Kentucky
- NOIR Black Chamber Of Commerce Inc. (NOIRBCC)
- World Affairs Council Of Kentucky And Southern Indiana (WAC)
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Center For Social Inclusion
- Diversity At BDO
- Human Rights Campaign
- National League Of Cities
- OPM’s Office Of Diversity And Inclusion
- Public Relations Society Of America
- S. Chamber Of Commerce Foundation
- S. Department Of Labor
- USA Cares
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
More Diversity & Inclusion Tips