Want to check out new local businesses from home? Yelp Louisville is launching an event series called Yelp’s Hot & New in Lou filled with behind-the-scenes tours, interactive cooking demonstrations and event planning tips — all available online.
Many owners, entrepreneurs and creators featured have opened their businesses since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. The virtual events offer a way to introduce locals to nearby new businesses in a safe and interactive way. Each event is free and open to all. Optional supply kits will be available for purchase for guests to follow along at home and support the new businesses.
Everything from picnics to puppies, tarot cards to charcuterie, are part of the interactive online series, which kicks off Sept. 13. Sign up online at: https://www.yelp.com/events/louisville-yelps-hot-and-new-in-lou.
Upcoming Hot & New in Lou events include:
- Sept. 13: (Let’s Plan) A Picnic Party with Picnics in the Lou, a special look at small event planning during this crazy time
- Sept. 24: Hotdog Pawty with That’s My Dog, a hotdog demo plus assistance dog exhibition by Wavey with Canine Companions
- Sept. 28: From Farm to Tortilla with Farm+House Louisville, where guests will make a torta with locally made tortillas and other ingredients
- Sept. 29: Find Your Light Selfies 101 with Bluegrass Selfie Experience, with tips on taking great selfies and other phone photography
- Oct. 9: Getting In Touch With The Spirits with Wandering Spirits, which will include otherworldly cocktail and tarot card demos
- Oct. 11: Breaking (Sourdough) Bread with Leaven Bakery, where guests will make sourdough and connect with other at-home bakers
- Oct. 15: Lunchtime Yoga Flow with YOGAST8, a midday, energizing yoga break
- Oct. 21: Family Dinner with The Black Italian, an interactive dinner cook-along for the whole family with ideas on what to do with the leftovers
- Oct. 27: Art Of The Farm with Barn8, a farm/art tour and mixology and food demos with owner and philanthropist Steve Wilson
- Nov. 10: DIY — aka Do It, Yelper — with The Craftery, through which guests will make a craft to brighten up their spaces
- Nov. 17: Cheese Board School with Cultured, where guests will create charcuterie boards plus go on a mini virtual tour of Kenny’s Farmhouse Cheese
- Dec. 3: Pub Trivia Without The Pub with Crowler Catering & Small Batch Events, a beer-and-popcorn pairing followed by trivia