We’re dedicated to building Kentucky.
That includes everything from sharing positive news about literal bridge builders to covering stories about the people who are connecting others to build figurative bridges.
And now our platform is getting even better to reach more community advocates, resource providers and thought leaders.
Welcome to the new BuildingKentucky.com!
Building Kentucky’s New Website
The launch of our revamped website comes at a time when Kentucky is on the rebound. This next year will be pivotal as decision makers navigate a post-pandemic Commonwealth.
We’ve updated our content and functionality to make it easier to navigate and more attractive for our readers.
On our homepage, you’ll see that video is now front and center. As media evolves, video continues to be one of the most engaging ways to tell a story.
We’ve partnered with the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development to create video content throughout the year to shine a light on the innovators who are choosing Kentucky to build their businesses. You’ll see the first of those pieces next month.
Creating Dedicated Industry Content
We’ve also made it simpler for you to find the industry-specific articles that interest you most. Every article is now tagged and searchable in at least one of seven categories including:
- Transportation & Infrastructure: Roads, bridges, airports, riverports, railways, utilities and other supporting infrastructure
- Real Estate & Construction: Commercial real estate, construction companies, architects, economic development and construction projects changing Kentucky’s landscape
- Tourism & Hospitality: Hotels, restaurants, tourist destinations, and, of course, bourbon
- Financial & Professional Services: Banks, law firms and other service industries, public-private partnerships and thought leaders in business
- Manufacturing & Logistics: Makers and movers creating goods and providing freight services
- Health & Community: Medical providers, environmental initiatives, community building and other health-minded business and causes
- Education & Innovation: Public and private colleges and universities, K-12 and other educational facilities and workforce development initiatives
Introducing “People Who Are Building Kentucky”
One of the most exciting elements of our new website is a section we’re calling “People Who Are Building Kentucky.”
This series of hand-picked profiles will highlight a Kentuckian making an impact in their community. You’ll see these the latest of these features on our homepage and can scan through past profiles on this page.
Our first group includes a scientist exploring how trees impact health, a forward-thinking chamber leader and a well-known Kentuckian working to improve infrastructure.
What Won’t Change About Building Kentucky
Building Kentucky continues to be led by a team of experienced journalists and communications experts who understand business and public policy.
Each Building Kentucky contributor works to foster thriving communities that celebrate Kentucky’s rich cultural heritage, encourage economic growth and provide resources for Kentuckians across the state.
C2 Strategic Communications, headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, operates Building Kentucky as a positive platform for business leaders in a range of industries.
We will always be open to hearing about new people, places and ideas that are building up the Commonwealth.
Have a story about someone making a difference in their community? Email our managing editor Rachel Nix at email@example.com.