The U.S. Census Bureau recently released its 2020 data showing population increases in Kentucky.
Kentucky Census Numbers
- 3.8% increase in overall population in Kentucky between 2010 and 2020
- 166,469 more people live in Kentucky now than 10 years ago
- 4.5 million people now live in Kentucky
- 21.2% population growth in Scott County, north of Lexington, was the biggest gain in the state
- 4 counties in the top 10 for statewide population gains were around Louisville (Shelby, Spencer, Oldham and Bullitt)
- 782,969 people live in Louisville, Kentucky’s largest city
- 2193 people live in Robertson County, Kentucky’s smallest county
- 57 Kentucky counties posted population gains
- 16% decline in Bell County was the biggest population drop in the state
See more U.S. Census data about Kentucky: https://www.census.gov/library/stories/state-by-state/kentucky-population-change-between-census-decade.html.